Hi, I’m Kevin. When you join Spectora, I’ll be the guy you interact with for on-boarding, digital marketing solutions, and product support. I’m also the writer behind many of the articles found in our Resource Center.
Prior to founding Spectora, I worked as an SEO Specialist on the Search Engine Optimization Team at HomeAdvisor, where I did content creation, link building, on-page optimization, competitive research, partnership building, and rank tracking.
I have also been a Realtor for several years. After talking to dozens of home inspectors during real estate transactions, I learned of the pain points inspectors had with software, marketing, and business growth. My brother and I started building a platform to solve these problems.
I bring an analytical approach to marketing for Spectora clients, using data metrics and the latest in SEO knowledge to improve home inspection businesses. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with questions!
Troy leads the Nook & Kranny team and has been in the construction industry his whole life. Prior to becoming a home inspector, Troy worked as a plumber for 17 years. Troy founded Nook & Kranny in 1997 and has loved every minute of his time running the company. Over his career as an inspector, Troy has performed well over 10,000 home inspections and has risen to the top of his industry by becoming a master certified inspector.
In this episode of the Successful Home Inspector Podcast Preston Sandlin of Home Inspection Carolina interviews Nathan Thornberry of Residential Warranty Services. In the interview Nathan talks about some of RWS’s offerings and services as well as offers up some opionions of recent happenings in the Home Inspection Industry. For more Home Inspection information check out Ask the Charlotte Inspector
In this podcast Preston Sandlin of Home Inspection Carolina interviews Matt Ehrlichman of Porch.com. There has been a lot of talk recently about Porch’s purchas of ISN or Inspectors Support Network recently. Listen to the interview and check out Ask the Charlotte Inspector.com and The Successfulhomeinspector.com
I oversee all sales and marketing activities for Secure24, a top 5 Authorized ADT Dealership.
Created national partnerships that consistently deliver referrals for home security systems.
Certified Professional Inspector
Years of experience: 15+ years in skilled trades, construction management, and inspections.
English & Spanish speaker (reports written in English only).
Prior to founding Vigilant, Roy was responsible for hundreds of residential renovation/ remodel projects w/ a cumulative market value well in excess of $10M. Roy is Certified as a home & building inspector by two International organizations — InterNACHI and ICC, the two largest and most widely recognized such organizations.
Roy is passionate about sharing the knowledge he has gained as a tradesman, contractor, and construction manager to protect the eastern Iowa community from unplanned/ unexpected repair expenses when they purchase a home. Don’t be surprised — be Vigilant!
Roy lives in Lisbon, IA with his wife and partner, Melanie, son Miles and two boxers, Berta and Wilbur. Roy Wier is being interviewed by Charlotte, Raleigh, and Asheville home inspector Preston Sandlin of Home Inspection Carolina and Ask the Charlotte Inspector
Prior to opening Waypoint Property Inspection East in 2006, Mark Wahl spend over 20 years in the insurance industry specializing in Claims and Risk Management services for both personal and commericial clients. He studied Business Management while attending the University of South Florida and Raritan Valley College.
Mark completed his home inspection training at Kaplan Schools/Inspection Training Associates as well. He has over 300 hours of inspection training and regularly completes continuing education classes to ensure he stays current with industry expectations. Mark has passed the National Home Inspector Examination. He is an active member of the American Society of Home Inspectors and the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors. Mark posesses a Florida Home Inspectors License which is now required in the state to perform inspAdditionally, Mark is certified through the Partnership for Response and Recovery (PaRR) as an inspector to assist FEMA with building assessments that have been affected by national disasters. Mark s certified by the state of Forida to conduct Windstorm Mitigation Inspections to assist homeowners in fortifying their homes against high wind events such as hurricanes. He is also a certified member of the Palm Beach County Emergency Response Team (CERT.)
Mark’s prior work experience has given him the knowledge he now uses when working with his client’s. He ability to deliver the inspection information with care has endeered him to his clients and their realtors. Mark’s committment to his clients has been a foundation to his business operating principles and why Waypoint Property Inspection East is Southeast Florida premier home inspection firm.
• Owner/Operator Advance Look Building Inspection & Environmental Testing, Whiting Associates June 1998 to August 2007
• Principle at Whiting Environmental Building Inspection September 2007 to present
• Mr. Whiting has performed home inspection, mold testing, radon testing, water quality testing on over 2000 single family, multi family and commercial properties
• Mr. Whiting has trained over 60 home inspectors in the United States and Canada.
• Mr. Whiting worked as area representative for Massachusetts and Connecticut to the Advance Look corporate office.
• Mr. Whiting has worked on the regionalization of the Advance Look Building Inspection & Environmental Testing Uniform Residential Inspection Report and Inspection Agreement.
• Mr. Whiting is currently involved in a pilot program in association with AR Labs in Arizona for radon measurement utilizing Rad Elec E-Perm testing devices.
• Mr. Whiting provides real estate consulting services for T. H. Reenstierna LLC located in Arlington Massachusetts and has performed appraisal service on an additional 2,000 residential and commercial properties
• Mr. Whiting has been appointed to the Indoor Environmental Standards Organization Standards Development Committee
• Mr. Whiting worked with the IESO to write the “Standard Guide For The Evaluation and Sampling of Arsenic On Surfaces of Pressure Treated Structures”. This standard has been sent to the Standards Development Committee for review.
• Mr. Whiting is currently working with the IESO to revise/rewrite the “Standards of Practice for the Assessment of Indoor Environmental Quality, Volume 1: Mold Sampling; Assessment of Mold Contamination”