Owner of plumbinghacks.co, a trade specific forum and consulting firm that is focused on providing peace of mind services to trade professionals and end users, certifying that companies are going above and beyond customer expectations by providing a near perfect service experience.
I am a sales and service training powerhouse in the residential and commercial trade services industry. I do sales and customer service training to help technicians become more productive, efficient and successful, as well as increasing sales, conversion rates and billable hour efficiency to increase the company’s bottom line. all by using proven techniques to make customers feel more comfortable with the trade professionals by providing an above average service experience.
Specialties: Sales, training, marketing, customer service, tech training, inbound sales
Checklist Inspections has been servicing the Metro Phoenix and surrounding areas since 1998. We have preformed over thousands of inspections. Whether you’re a first time home buyer or an investment team, we provide one the best inspections and report delivery in the industry. We work with domestic and foreign investors routinely. It doesn’t matter if it’s a starter home or an luxury winter home, everyone gets the same thorough inspection. We inspect as if it’s our personal home each and every inspection. We do work with buyers from around the world and all walks of life, so communication and being able explain the findings and issues with the home is a key factor that we strive for each and every inspection. We, also, have performed many inspections for the hearing impaired community. Call or email us for a recommendation for an ASL Certified Interpreter/Realtor.
Our experience allows us to effectively inform our clients and realtors in an non alarmist way. This allows all parties to make a rational informed decision, and not an emotional one.
Our philosophy is simple, we put ourselves in your shoes. We treat you as family and your money as if it’s our own. We’re very conscience of the emotion that is involved in purchasing a new home and the stress that can be involved. We do all that we can to ensure that the inspection process is one of the easiest and informative step in the purchasing process for you.
On a personal note, Checklist Inspections is owned and operated locally in Gilbert, Arizona, (though we service all of the valley and growing) by John and Kathy Tyler. Our Marketing and Customer Service Representatives are Dakota and Ciana, our Labradors, who also take inspections seriously. As a team we value loyalty to our clients and realtors, precise and thorough inspections and building relationships one inspection at a time.
Licensed Home Inspector in AZ. Full voting member of ASHI.
Better Business Accredited Member since 2003.
Licensed for Termite Inspection.
We offer General Home and Termite Inspections.
Our great benefits include:
1. Free 120 day Termite Warranty
2. Free appliance RecallChek
3. Inspection report printed onsite with color photos
4. Summary page of items in need of repair
5. 200% Satisfaction Guarantee!
Property of 8 yrs and newer are Thermal Imaged to detect low insulation of attic and outside walls.
Also an avid hiker, and back country explorer of Arizona
480-361-8120 Checklist Inspections
Home Inspector Chattanooga Tenn.
Doug left a corporate job at Blue Cross and Blue Shields to become a home inspector. He was struggling last year and thought he was going to leave the home inspection profession and this year he did over 400 inspections
Favorite book: Slight Edge by Joel Olson
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Graduate of the Professional Association of Building Inspectors (PABI) with over 145 hours of residential inspection procedures and technical training
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
Member of the National Association of Home Inspectors (NAHI)
Favorite Book: The One Thing and Power of Habit
Paralyze resistance with persistence.
Honesty, justice, and courtesy form a moral philosophy which, associated with mutual interest among people, constitutes the foundation of ethics. The members should recognize such a standard, not in passive observance, but as a set of dynamic principles guiding their conduct. It is their duty to practice the profession according to this code of ethics.As the keystone of professional conduct is integrity, the Members will discharge their duties with fidelity to the public, their clients, and with fairness and impartiality to all. They should uphold the honor and dignity of their profession and avoid association with any enterprise of questionable character, or apparent conflict of interest.
- The member will express an opinion only when it is based on practical experience and honest conviction.
- The member will always act in good faith toward each client.
- The member will not disclose any information concerning the results of the inspection without the approval of the clients or their representatives.
- The member will not accept compensation, financial or otherwise, from more than one interested party for the same service without the consent of all interested parties.
- The member will not accept nor offer commissions or allowances, directly or indirectly, from other parties dealing with their client in connection with work for which the member is responsible.
- The member will promptly disclose to his or her client any interest in a business which may affect the client. The member will not allow an interest in any business to affect the quality of the results of their inspection work which they may be called upon to perform. The inspection work may not be used as a vehicle by the inspector to deliberately obtain work in another field.
- An inspector shall make every effort to uphold, maintain, and improve the professional integrity, reputation, and practice of the home inspection profession. He or she will report all such relevant information, including violations of this Code by other members, to the Association for possible remedial action.